Hazardous Waste

Pet Waste

Pet waste is not accepted in your local council's kerbside recycling bin, bag or box or residual bin. Small amounts of waste can be placed in your local council's residual waste bin or into the residual container at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre. Please make sure that the waste is properly bagged and sealed.

Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority can dispose of hazardous household waste at some Household Waste Recycling Centre for residents, however it is dependent on what the waste is and how much of it there is. Examples of hazardous household wastes include: garden chemicals, weed-killers, insecticides, household cleaning products.

Find out what you can recycle in your council's area or find your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre at Recycle for Merseyside and Halton

Download a recycleright guide

Have you found the recycleright website helpful?



Thank you!