Hazardous Waste

Dead animals

Dead domestic and wild animals, birds etc. are not accepted in your local council’s kerbside recycling bin, bag or box or residual bin.

Dead domestic and wild animals, birds etc. are also not accepted at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre.

Please contact your local council or local vet for advice on disposal.


  • Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority can dispose of some hazardous household waste types at some Household Waste Recycling Centre.
  • This service it is dependent on what the waste is, and how much of it there is. Please call Tel: 0151 255 1444 to check before travelling to a Centre.
  • Examples of hazardous household wastes include: garden chemicals, weed-killers, insecticides, household cleaning products.

Have you found the recycleright website helpful?



Thank you!