Hazardous Waste


Unused fireworks are not accepted in your local council’s kerbside recycling bin, bag or box or residual bin. Fireworks are also not accepted at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre. To dispose of them safely please first submerge them fully for 48 hours in water which will render the explosive elements inert. The fireworks can then be disposed of in your local council’s residual bin.

HAZARDOUS WASTE FACTS: *Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority can dispose of hazardous household waste at some Household Waste Recycling Centre, however it is dependent on what the waste is and how much of it there is. * Examples of hazardous household wastes include: garden chemicals, weed-killers, insecticides, household cleaning products.

Find out what you can recycle in your council's area or find your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre at Recycle for Merseyside and Halton

Have you found the recycleright website helpful?



Thank you!