Hazardous Waste

Human waste

Human waste is not accepted in your local council’s kerbside recycling or residual bin, bag or box or at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre.

Normal amounts of waste should be flushed down your toilet.

Please note the following guidance from United Utilities on disposing of items into your sewer system: https://www.unitedutilities.com/help-and-support/wastewater-services/thinkbeforeyouflush/



  • Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority can dispose of some hazardous household waste types at some Household Waste Recycling Centre.
  • This service it is dependent on what the waste is, and how much of it there is. Please call Tel: 0151 255 1444 to check before travelling to a Centre.
  • Examples of hazardous household wastes include: garden chemicals, weed-killers, insecticides, household cleaning products.

Have you found the recycleright website helpful?



Thank you!