Household Waste

Musical instruments

Musical instuments are not accepted in your local council’s kerbside recycling bin, bag or box or residual bin.

If they are in poor condition they can be disposed in the residual container at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre.

However if the instrument is in good / fair condition you may want to consider donating it to a local charity, charity shop, school, community organisation or one of the Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority’s Reuse Shops

*Find out more here:

Find out more here:

*(This will open a new website)


  • Most household waste types can be recycled or disposed of at local Household Waste Recycling Centres.
  • If you have a question about a type of household waste call Tel: 0151 255 1444 or email: to check before travelling to a Centre.

Have you found the recycleright website helpful?



Thank you!