Hazardous Waste


Sharps are not accepted in your local council’s kerbside recycling bin, bag or box or residual bin. Sharps are also not accepted at your local Household Waste Recycling Centres. Your local council or Primary Care Trust or your GP will be able to provide advice for yellow box collections for sharps and needles.

HAZARDOUS WASTE FACTS: *Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority can dispose of hazardous household waste at some Household Waste Recycling Centre, however it is dependent on what the waste is and how much of it there is. * Examples of hazardous household wastes include: garden chemicals, weed-killers, insecticides, household cleaning products.

Find out what you can recycle in your council's area or find your nearest Household Waste Recycling Centre at Recycle for Merseyside and Halton

Have you found the recycleright website helpful?



Thank you!