Food Waste

Vegetables / vegetable peelings

Vegetables and vegetable peelings are not accepted in your local council’s kerbside recycling bin, box or bag, and cannot be recycled at your local Household Waste Recycling Centre.

Vegetables and vegtable peelings should be disposed of in your local council’s green waste bin or kerbside residual bin.


  • Some councils in Merseyside and Halton provide a kerbside collection service for collecting kitchen and food waste.
  • If yours does not, then food waste can be disposed of in the kerbside residual bin - ensure it is securely wrapped.
  • Some waste food materials can also be placed into a home composter to make compost.
  • Cooked food or meat products should be only composted in a wormery.

Have you found the recycleright website helpful?



Thank you!